Apr 11, 2012

Haircare: Lush Shampoos Overview & Review Part 1

As some of you may already know, I work at a Lush store here in Norway, and I of course love many of Lush's products. I have written a bunch of reviews on my Norwegian blog about a lot of them, but I thought I would share my reviews here as well for all of you who do not understand Norwegian. Keep in mind that even though I work for Lush, I am not paid or even asked to write reviews about these products. I write honest reviews on everything, and there are of course some products that do not work for me and that I do not like.
First up are my reviews on Lush Shampoos. I have divided these into 2 shampoos per blogpost :)

Lush Godiva Shampoo Bar:

Godiva is a shampoobar from Lush that is designed for long and dry hair, since it contains both shampoo and conditioner in one.
Godiva was the first shampoo from Lush that I tried, and I have to tell you guys that I am not a fan. It could be that I just picked the wrong shampoo bar for my hair type (damaged and dry at the time), but this shampoo never really did anything for my hair. My hair turned greasy the next day after washing it, and it was just flat and stringy which is not an attractive look.
I like the whole concept of a shampoo bar and I think I could really like them if I tried a different one. The shampoo lathered up really well and Godiva smells awesome, but I know that some people do not like this scent. Jasmine is a scent that you either love or you hate, and I love it. So I was hoping to love this shampoo, but I don't. I would not recommend Godiva unless your hair is extremely dry and in need of "calming down".

Ingredients:

Lush BIG Shampoo:

Big is Lush's most famous shampoo and the one that most people really like. It contains sea salt which lifts the hair up from its roots and gives plenty of volume, and seaweed & coconut to make the hair soft, as well as lemon and lime to give the hair lots of shine.

I absolutely loved Big when I first tried it, and I used up an entire pot of it. The thing about Big that I found, was that my hair needed a break from it after a while, since it was quite drying on my hair and the effects wore off after a while. Now that I have had a break and used different shampoos, I can tell you that I have rediscovered Big and that the effects are now as brilliant as they were when I first started using this shampoo.
The consistensy is pretty weird as it looks like.. goo.. to be childish :P The sea salt is coarse and mixed in with the other ingredients, making this shampoo very odd. But it works :) The salt dissolves when exposed to warm water, making the shampoo foam like nobody's business and lifting up the hair, giving it volume. You are supposed to shampoo twice with this product to get the best results, which I find is true.
So if you are looking for a shampoo to give you volume and shine, this is it. Just be aware that your hair might be a little frizzy at first, especially if you don't use a conditioner.
And another thing, after you have shampooed your hair, it feels weird and almost tacky. But that is natural :)

Ingredients:
Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion,Fresh Sea Water, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion,Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Neroli Oil,Mandarin Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, *Limonene,Methyl Ionone, Perfume
*occurs naturally in essential oils


No comments:

Post a Comment