Apr 28, 2012

Circle Lenses: Vassen (Fynale) Hello Kitty Green Review

As you might know, I ordered some circle lenses from pinkyparadise.com a while back, and now I have used most of them. The lenses I was most excited about were the Vassen Hello Kitty circle lenses, which are lenses from Vassen that have a hello kitty print on them. As a Hello Kitty fan, I just HAD to have these lenses, and I chose the color green as I already have green eyes and just wanted an extra pop of color.

(picture from pinkyparadise.com)
As you can see from the picture above, these lenses have a distinct Hello Kitty design on them, which is extremely cute and girly. I was of course hoping that you might be able to tell when I was wearing the lenses as well, but from the picture below, you can see that the design is almost hidden.


Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 42%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Type: 1 year disposal

Color:
These lenses almost look black on me in different lights, especially when I am indoors. They do not look very natural, which I find disappointing. I know that most circle lenses are not supposed to look extremely natural, but when the design does not even show up, I want the color to be bright at least.



Here is a picture I have "sharpened" so that you can see more of the design.

Comfort:
At least the lenses are mostly comfortable. They are not as comfortable as the Vassen Cloud Nine Blue lenses I reviewed earlier, which are also my absolute favorite lenses by far, but I can still wear the Hello Kitty ones for a few hours without them becoming too uncomfortable. 

Enlargement:
The diameter is 14.5 mm, which is a good size for me. The black rim around the edges still give my eyes an enlarging effect, almost doll like, which is nice. However, if you want the appearance of huge eyes, go for 15 mm sizes in lenses. I have still not tried any lenses that size, so I cannot tell you if they would be too much for me or not.

Summary:

Even on lighter eyes, these lenses are not as green as I would have hoped. They are comfortable to an extent and they give my eyes a doll like effect. I will still wear these because I like the feeling of having Hello Kitty eyes (:P), but don't expect these to show up as great as the pictures on the website.


1 comment:

  1. I really prefer products from Solution-lens because this shop is really the best now, never seen any customers service as quick as them and also the best online offer with Buy 2 Get 1 Free for every order, I loooooove it !!!

    ReplyDelete