Apr 24, 2012

Makeup Review: Makeupforever HD Foundation

A product that has been mentioned so many times by bloggers and youtubers that my ears almost bleed, is the Makeupforever HD Foundation. This is the holy grail foundation of so many people that I just had to buy it. It is hard to get here in Norway, and we have to order it online, but I managed to get the right color for my skintone, so here is my review. Is it as good as everybody says it is?

The Foundation:

The Makeupforever HD Foundation is a so-called High Definition foundation, which basically means that it is supposed to look great on camera and in photographs. Other companies, like Revlon, have come out with "dupes" of this concepts, like the Revlon PhotoReady Foundation, which I absolutely love btw.
The bottle looks really fancy and it has a pump, which is great. The price of this foundation though is kind of outrageous. But, as I don't wear foundation that often (I usually stick with BB Creams for everyday use), the price is OK.

My Thoughts:

I had really high expectations for this product due to all the rave reviews on youtube and on blogs, so I was kind of disappointed when this foundation turned out to be just like any other foundations. Don't get me wrong, it does look great in photoes and in person, but so do my other foundations.
The finish of this is actually really matte on my skin, almost like the Revlon Colorstay's finish. I don't typically like matte finish foundations anyways as I have normal/dry skin and prefer a more natural, dewy glow, so that was a bummer.
However, I like that this foundation stays on my skin all day without me having to touch it up with powder. My skin looks flawless, albeit a bit too flawless when I wear this and I do get compliments on it throughout the day. But people can definitely tell that I am wearing makeup, unlike my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.

The coverage is great: medium to full, but you could always sheer it out or build it up without a problem. I use a Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush to buff this into my skin since it is the best brush for me when I use this product.
It does not feel heavy though on the skin even though the coverage is medium to full, which is great. I think a part of the reason is that I buff it into my skin with the brush instead of just "painting it on". For instance, I cannot wear the Max Studio Fix Fluid foundation due to the fact that it is way to heavy for me and my skin cannot breathe at all with it on. I don't have that problem with the MUFE HD.

I mean, I like this foundation and will definitely use it, but more for going out and parties etc than for everyday. So if you want a good coverage foundation with an almost matte finish that is not too heavy for your skin, then this is the foundation for you. However, I think you could find a foundation just as great as this, that costs way less. It is not worth the price. I will stick with my Nars Sheer Glow and my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua when it comes to higher end foundations.

As you can see, the color of this foundation (118 Flesh) is quite dark for me atm,  but it will work during the summertime :))

No comments:

Post a Comment