Apr 16, 2012

Haircare: Lush Shampoos Overview & Review Part 3

If you haven't seen part 1 and part 2 of my Lush Shampoo Overview, click here and here.

Lush Rehab Shampoo:

Rehab is a shampoo for people with dry and damaged hair types that need a little bit of extra care and "lovin". Your hair may be damaged from a lot of different things, namely bleaching, dying, heat, styling products and generally ill health. Rehab contains a lot of different ingredients to tackle all these problems, and to make your hair both look and feel better.

Seaweed leaves the hair feeling soft, jojoba oil and olive oil strengthens the hair and helps the scalp, kiwi and mango gives the hair minerals and vitamins, rosemary gives shine, papaya and pineapple which breaks down dead skin cells and clean the hair thoroughly, and lastly juniper and mint which encourage hair growth.
Yes, that is a lot of ingredients for a shampoo, but I promise you; it works! I absolutely love Rehab, and I think it is my favourite all time shampoo from any company I have tried. My hair had a tendensy to misbehave, meaning it was frizzy, dry, could be a little greasy etc. But by using Rehab religiously for about a month, my hair started feeling and looking a lot better. It helped my hair so much that it even looks great no matter what shampoo I use. I still use Rehab on days that I feel that I have mistreated my hair, meaning; used heat on it without a heat protectant, used hairspray, teased it etc. And afterwards it is so smooth that I can hardly believe it.

Yes, this shampoo smells weird. To me it smells like the After Eight mint chocolates that I used to eat at my grandmother's house when I was younger, but I don't care. I cannot smell it on my hair afterwards anyways, so it's all good :)
If your hair is dry or damaged, you really should try this shampoo. I absolutely love it!!

Ingredients:
Sodium Alkyl Sulfate,Carrageenan Extract,Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate,Cocamide MEA, Perfume,Freshly Juiced Papaya,Propylene Glycol, Fresh Pineapple Juice, Fine Sea Salt, Fresh Kiwi Juice,Fresh Mango Juice,Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Lavender Oil,Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil, Juniperberry Oil,*Limonene, *Linalool,Benzyl Alcohol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben
*occurs naturally in essential oils


Lush Trichomania Solid Shampoo:

Trichomania may be the weirdest shampoo Lush has to offer, especially if you have never tried a solid shampoo before. It is not shaped like a shampoo bar (round and nice), rather it's solid and the person in the store has to cut it up for you. You can decide yourself approximately how much you want cut up, but you will have to find a way to store it yourself. I use a bodybutter tin from Lush to store mine and I cut up the shampoo to fit into one of the tins :)
Trichomania is a coconut shampoo for people with dry hair or a dry scalp, but me having neither of those still love this shampoo. It softens my hair and tames all the frizz, leaving my hair feeling amazing. I never have to blowdry my hair or straighten it to make it behave when I use this shampoo, which is great.
So on days that I am feeling lazy and don't want to do anything to my hair, I use Trichomania, and it works great. A great thing about this shampoo compared to the shampoo bars, is that you don't have to airdry this after every use. I find that it works better when it is already a little moist.
I love the scent of this as it smells like coconuts, and not the generic, fake kind, but the real coconuts you find on islands far, far away.

Ingredients:

No comments:

Post a Comment